KCPT, and our great producers, were nominated for nine Regional Emmys®. We are proud to report that we came away with two wins –
- Little Green Steps – A spot teaching kids how taking “Little Green Steps” can help keep waste out of landfills.
- Celebration at the Station – Every year we receive hundreds of calls praising Celebration at the Station. We are very proud of this tradition that celebrates our community and brings the KC Symphony, culture, and beautiful fireworks into the homes of thousands of people, many of whom are not able to get out to see it live.
We have had some fantastic opportunities to put Kansas City on the national stage this year. These events give our viewers a rare opportunity to interact with celebrities and performers, giving them a “behind the scenes” experience.
- Homecoming, The KC Symphony Presents Joyce DiDonato aired to 96% of the United States. I know we’ve been touting this accomplishment for some time but it was one of those opportunities that doesn’t come along often. We are so proud to put Kansas City on the national stage and this was very special because it featured our hometown symphony, our hometown girl, and the new Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts.
- P. Allen Smith – We had great events surrounding Allen’s visit and tapings at some of Kansas City’s most beautiful gardens. Watch for those episodes featuring our hometown gardens on P. Allen Smith’s Garden Home.
- Lidia Bastianich– Lidia is such a great friend to KCPT. She lends her time and talents to host groups of KCPT supporters when she comes to Kansas City.
- Coming to Kansas City on November 13, for a special screening of The Dust Bowl, is writer/producer Dayton Duncan. The two-part documentary airs November 18 and 19 on KCPT.
KCPT’s PerformARTS series is a mixed-media campaign that helps bring community awareness of local arts and culture to the next level. Last year we successfully promoted six local arts organizations and are queuing up for another six this year. The organizations will be featured on The Local Show and in the KC Studio magazine. Our city has a thriving arts scene and we want our community to know what’s out there and to support our local artists.
Be sure and tune into our winter fundraising drive beginning Thanksgiving night. You’ll find great programs and concerts that support KCPT.
Thank you for your support.
Click here to join Kliff as a proud member of KCPT.