Create a storyboard illustrating the importance of electricity and win a chance to see your idea turned into a spot on KCPT!
Summary and Guidelines:
- Student(s), grades 6 thru 12, will work to develop a story regarding electricity
- Student(s), grades 6 thru 12, will submit an essay describing their story, thinking in terms of scenes, and how much time for each scene, remembering you only have 15-30 seconds to tell your important story!
- One winner will be selected from the submitted essays to work with a KCPT producer and produce a 15-30second segment which will air at least 60 times during KCPT’s PBS KIDS GO! block.
- The winning piece will be available through KCPT’s website and KCPTKids.org; social networking sites such as a Facebook, MySpace, iTunesU and YouTube and through www.learn360.com an educational video streaming service provided by KCPT to over 100,000 students and 7,000 teachers in both Kansas and Missouri.
The Storyboard must relate to one of the following two categories:
1) Innovations, important figures or careers in the Electrical Industry
Questions to consider: Why were they critical or important? How did the person or innovation change the electrical industry or society? How might society be different without this innovation or person’s discovery? What is interesting or remarkable about this career or position in the industry?
2) Electrical Safety
What to cover: Define the topic and/or problem. Identify the dangers and/or potential problems. Explain how to be safe in each situation. Include what visuals you may use or what you may demonstrate.
- Submit completed entry, with Official Entry Form by September 30. All forms are available at www.electricleague.org/safety
- All entries must include required documents, as instructed on the Official Entry Form (list of participants,bibliography and essay).
Direct all contest materials and questions to:
Jane Male, CAE, Executive Director
Electric League of Missouri & Kansas
PO Box 419264
Kansas City, MO 64141