Since 2008, KCPT has been exploring the national obesity epidemic through Generation XL, showing viewers the challenges children face when it comes to living a healthy life. In this new episode, KCPT delves further into physical education in schools. How does modern day P.E. begin to address the goal of instilling lifelong physical fitness into the psyche of kids? Join host Nick Haines in the studio with Dr. Leon Greene from the University of Kansas, and Ashley Davies and Jennifer Straub from PE4life, as they discuss breaking the cycle of childhood obesity through physical education.
- GENERATION XL 1: The Battle Over School Vending Machines
- Generation XL 2: The Food Fight in the School Cafeteria
- GENERATION XL 3: The Rise and Fall of PE in Schools
- GENERATION XL 4: Kids Speak Out About Obesity
- GENERATION XL 5: Who Should Fix the Obesity Problem?
- GENERATION XL 6: Your Turn to Weigh In!
- Generation XL2: Keeping Kids Active Throughout the School Day
- Generation XL2: Making the Grade for Physical Education
- Generation XL 2: Eating Healthy on Any Budget
- Generation XL2: Mother and Child Health
- Generation XL2: Nutrition Across the School Day
- Generation XL2: Healthy Family Habits
- The Active Brain: How Daily Physical Education Is Turning Fitness on its Head
- Local Productions Home
KCPT Highlights E-Newsletter